Make your taskbar look awesome with centered icons and Windows 10X like animations. Here’s how to center taskbar icons in Windows 10.
Like I said many times, the Windows taskbar is one of the most versatile tools in the entire operating system. It houses not only the start menu but all of your most used programs, launched programs, and even the quick launch icons that let you perform quick-actions directly from the taskbar. If you want to, you can even add a quick launch toolbar with custom shortcuts and widgets like net speed monitor directly to the taskbar.
Over time, though the look a feel of the taskbar has been altered a tiny bit, it remained pretty much the same. i.e, you will find the start menu to the left side followed by pinned and opened applications and taskbar icons on the rightmost side. Other than switching between dark mode and light mode, there is not much you can do with the default taskbar options.
The good thing is, there is a program for almost anything in Windows. Taskbar customization is no different. You just have to dig deeper and find the right program that makes the task at hand easy and reliable. All I’m saying is, using a simple and free application, you can customize the taskbar to center its icons, make the taskbar transparent an even add animations. Without further ado, let me show you the steps to center taskbar icons and add animations.
Steps to Center Taskbar Icons
Before, you had to do a lot of registry magic to center the taskbar icons. However, thanks to a simple and free application called FalconX, you can not only center the taskbar icons but make it transparent and even add custom animations to make it look like the new Windows 10X’s taskbar.
1. First, download FalconX from its official Github page. After downloading, extract the contents of the ZIP file to a folder on your desktop.
Note: If you are interested, you can also download FalconX directly from the Microsoft Store by paying just $1.
2. Now, open the extracted folder and double-click on the “FalconX.exe” file.
3. As soon as you do that, the taskbar icons will be centered automatically. You will not see any GUI (Graphical User Interface) at this point to change the settings.
4. Depending on how many icons you have and the taskbar length, it will look different for every user. If you don’t like the default positioning, you can tweak it. To do that, double-click on the “FalconXSettings.exe” file.
5. In the Settings window, go to the Positioning tab and tweak the sliders to change the taskbar icon positions. Once you are satisfied, click on the “Save” button.
6. As you open the applications or pin more icons, the taskbar will make room automatically. As it does that, you will small eye-candy animations. You can customize them too. Just go to the Animations tab and select one of many animations and click on the “Save” button. If you need help choosing an animation, click on the little “help” link next to the drop-down menu.
7. If you want to, you can even apply transparent, blur, and acrylic effects too. Just go to the “Styling” tab, select the “Enable taskbar styling” and choose the styling of your choice.
Restore Original Taskbar Icon Position
If you no longer want to center taskbar icons or use the pretty animations, go to the “About” tab and click on the “Stop” button. This action will reset the original taskbar settings.
That is all. It is that simple to center taskbar icons in Windows 10. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.