Windows 10’s File Explorer can burn files to a CD or DVD disc without any third-party or external software. Here’re the exact steps to follow.
If you are using CDs or DVDs as a backup or entertainment media, it is only natural that you will have files to burn to disc from time to time. Thankfully, the Windows 10’s File Explorer has built-in options to burn discs directly. You don’t have to use any third-party software whatsoever. Just select the files or folders you want to burn, point them to the empty CD or DVD disc, and select the Burn to Disc option.
Even though the disc drives are fading with time, there is still a wide range of use cases where you need to use them. For example, I still have a few DVDs myself and even burn a disc or two from time to time to share media, photos, and other data with the family/friends who primarily use CD/DVD player.
In this quick and simple guide, let me take you through how to burn a disc in Windows 10 using the Burn to Disc option.
Note: Before proceeding, I assume that you already have a blank DVD or CD and a CD/DVD writer drive. Most CD/DVD disc drives on the desktop or laptop are capable or writing to CD/DVD discs.
Steps to Burn Disc in Windows 10 from File Explorer
To burn a CD or DVD in Windows 10 from the File Explorer, follow the steps listed below.
- First, insert the blank CD/DVD disc into the CD/DVD drive.
- Make sure to put all the files you want to burn to disc in a folder.
- Go to the folder where the files you want to burn are located.
- Select all the files & folders using Ctrl + A shortcut.
- Next, right-click on the selected files and choose the “Send to -> DVD Drive” option.
- You will see the “Burn a Disc” window. Here, select the “With a CD/DVD Player” option.
- Click “Next” to continue.
- As soon as you select the option, Windows will burn the files and folders to the blank disc.
- Once the burning process is done, Windows automatically opens the CD/DVD drive and shows all the files and folders that are newly burned. If the drive did not open automatically, open it manually from the file explorer.
- Click on the “Drive Tools” option on the top bar of the file explorer.
- Click on the “Finish Burning” option under Drive Tools.
- You can now remove the disc from the CD/DVD disc drive.
That is all. It is that simple to burn files to CD/DVD disc in windows 10. I hope that helps. If you are facing any problems, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.
If you like this article, check out how to change the USB drive icon in windows 10.