The Send To option in the right-click context menu is very useful and versatile. Though the default options in the Send To menu are not that helpful for general users, you can add folder to Send To menu. In fact, you can even add programs to the Send To menu. Recently, one of you guys emailed me asking how to add a printer to the Send To menu. So, let me show you how to do it.
Add Printer to Send to Menu
To add a printer to the Send To menu we first need to create the printer shortcut and then add it to the send to folder. Fortunately, that is very easy to do.
1. All the printers are stored in a single folder. This makes it easy to create a printer shortcut. To open the printer folder we are going to use the Windows Shell command. So, press Win + R, type
shell:PrinterFolder in the blank field and click on the Ok button.
2. The above action will open the Printers folder. This folder hosts all your printers. If you have multiple printers, find the printer of your choice and drag and drop it on to the desktop.
3. As soon as you drag and drop, Windows will automatically create the printer shortcut. If you want to, you can rename the shortcut to whatever you want. For instance, I renamed the shortcut to My Printer. Renaming also helps if you want to add multiple printers to the Send To menu.
4. We now need to add the shortcut to the Send To folder. To open the Send To folder, press Win + R, type
shell:SendTo and click on the Ok button.
5. In the Send To folder, copy and paste the printer shortcut we created earlier. Once that is done, close the folder.
That is it. From now on, you will see the newly added printer in the Send To menu when you right-click on a file or folder.
If you ever want to remove the printer from the Send To menu, just delete the shortcut you added to the Send To folder.
Hope that helps.