Windows 10 comes with a default Email client called Mail app that is quite good, lightweight, and easy to use. Though there are far superior third-party email clients like Thunderbird which lets you backup thunderbird profile, the default Mail app gets the job done for most users. Add to that, Microsoft is improving the Mail app with each major release and adding new features. In this simple guide, let me how to you how to add an email account in Mail app and how to remove an email account in Mail app on Windows 10.
Windows 10 mail app uses to OAuth2 to sync your email account with the app for all supported email services, like Gmail. What this means for you is that even if you are using two-factor authentication (which is highly recommended), you don't have to generate and use application specific password. Simply put, OAuth2 makes the authentication process streamlined and secure.
1. Add Email Account in Mail App
To add an email account to the mail app, follow the below steps.
- Open mail app by searching for it in the start menu.
- The mail app will show all the email services it supports. Select one of email service. In my case, I'm selecting "Google".
- You will be redirected to the Google authentication page. Follow the authentication wizard and allow the mail app access to your email account.
That is it. You've successfully added your first email account to the mail app on Windows 10. From now, when you open the mail app, you will see your email account on the left panel. On the middle pane, you will see all your emails. When you select an email, the email body will appear on the right panel.
2. Add Another Email Account in Mail App
In the Mail app, you can add as many email accounts as you want. However, when you are trying to add your second, third, or nth email account, the procedure is a bit different.
- Search for Mail app in the start menu and open it.
- On the left panel, click on the "Settings" icon (gear icon) appearing at the bottom left.
- A flyout menu will open on the right side. Select the "Manage Accounts" option.
- Click on the "Add account" option.
- Select the email service. In my case, I'm selecting Google as I want to add a Gmail account.
- Follow the authentication wizard and allow the Mail app access to your account.
- If the authentication is successful, you will see the "All done" message. Click on the "Done" button.
That is it. You will see the newly added email account on the left pane and in the Manage Accounts flyout menu. By selecting an email account in the left panel, you can read all the emails in that specific email account.
3. Delete an Email Account from Mail App
It is as easy to delete an email account from the mail app as it is to add an account. Follow the below instructions to remove email account from mail app.
- Open the Mail app by searching for it in the start menu.
- Click on the "Settings" icon appearing at the bottom left corner.
- Select the "Manage Accounts" option from the flyout menu.
- Click on the email account you want to delete.
- Click on the "Delete account" option.
- Confirm your action by click on the "Delete" button at the bottom.
That is it. You've successfully deleted an email account from Mail app on Windows 10. It is that simple to remove email account from mail app on Windows 10.