Windows 10 Mail app is a pretty good general-purpose email client. Here’s how to add or delete email accounts in the Mail app on Windows 10.
Windows 10 comes with a default Email client called the Mail app. It is not only lightweight and easy to use but has all the basic features you will ever need. Though there are far superior third-party email clients like Thunderbird, the default Mail app gets the job done for most users. Add to that, Microsoft is improving the Mail app by adding new features with almost every major release.
One of the best things about the Mail App uses OAuth2 for adding and syncing email accounts. What this means for you is that even if you are using two-factor authentication (which is highly recommended), you don’t have to use application-specific passwords. Simply put, OAuth2 makes the authentication process streamlined and secure.
In this simple guide, let me show you how to add an email account in the Mail app and how to remove an email account in the Mail app on Windows 10.
1. Add Email Account in Mail App
To add an email account to the Mail app, follow the below steps.
- Open mail app by searching for it in the start menu.
- Select the email service of your choice.
- Follow the authentication wizard and allow the Mail app access to your email account.
That is it. You’ve successfully added your first email account to the Mail app on Windows 10. From now on, when you open the Mail app, you will see your email account on the left panel. All the emails will be in the middle panel. When you select an email, the email body will appear in the right panel.
2. Add Multiple Email Accounts in Mail App
If you have multiple email accounts, you can add all of them to the Mail app. The only thing is that, when you are trying to add your second, third, or nth email account, the procedure is a bit different.
- Search for Mail app in the start menu and open it.
- Click on the “Settings” icon at the bottom left.
- Select the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Click on the “Add account” option.
- Select the email service. In my case, I’m selecting Google as I want to add a Gmail account.
- Follow the authentication wizard and allow the Mail app access to your account.
- If the authentication is successful, you will see the “All done” message. Click on the “Done” button.
That is it. You will see the newly added email account on the left pane and in the Manage Accounts flyout menu. By selecting an email account in the left panel, you can read all the emails in that specific email account.
3. Delete an Email Account from Mail App
If you no longer need an email account, you can delete it from the Mail app. Follow the below instructions to remove an email account from Mail app.
- Open the Mail app by searching for it in the start menu.
- Click on the “Settings” icon appearing at the bottom left corner.
- Select the “Manage Accounts” option from the flyout menu.
- Click on the email account you want to delete.
- Click on the “Delete account” option.
- Click on the “Delete” button to confirm.
That is it. You’ve successfully deleted an email account from Mail app on Windows 10. It is that simple to remove an email account from the Mail app on Windows 10.