To make Google calendar easy to use, you can add Google calendar to the built-in Windows 10 calendar. Here are the steps you should follow to do that.
When it comes to calendar management, a vast majority of users use the Google calendar. A few of the main reasons being its wide range of integrations, assistant support, ease of use, and most of all, comes bundled for free with your Google or Gmail account. Put simply, Google calendar is pretty popular and used by a lot of you out there.
Being a Windows user, it would be nice to have a desktop application for Google calendar. However, Google doesn't give any. The good thing is, you can easily add Google Calendar to Windows 10 calendar app. All you have to do is sign-in and Windows 10 will add the Google calendar to the calendar app. Once added, you can manage all Google calendar entries from Windows 10 app.
In this quick step-by-step guide, let me show you the procedure to add Google calendar to Windows 10 calendar.
Steps to Add Google Calendar to Windows 10 Calendar App
For this guide, I assume that you already have a Google calendar and have access to it. The following are the steps you should follow to add Google calendar to the calendar app.
- Open the Start menu by pressing the "Windows Key" on your keyboard.
- Search for "Calendar" and click on the result to open the Windows 10 calendar.
- After opening the calendar, click on the "Settings" icon on the bottom left corner.
- Click on the "Manage accounts" option.
- Here, click on the "Add account" button.
- In this window, select "Google" from the list of options.
- Now, sign in to your Google/Gmail account.
- When asked for permission, click on the "Allow" button. This allows the calendar app to retrieve and manage Google calendar.
- Finally, click "Done" in the last window.
That is all. As soon as you click the done button, you are done with adding Google calendar to Windows 10 calendar. You can see the newly added calendar on the left panel. By default, Windows uses "Gmail" as the default calendar name.
Customize Calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App
If you want to, you can customize the calendar name. To do that, go to "Settings → Manage Accounts" and select the Google calendar account. Now, type the name in the field and click "Save". That is all.
Following the same steps, you can add as many calendars as you want. Out of the box, Windows 10 calendar app supports Outlook calendar, Google calendar, Yahoo calendar, Apple calendar.
If you ever want to remove a calendar from the calendar app, go to "Settings → Manage Accounts", select the account you want to remove and then click on the "Delete account from this device" button.
That is all I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to change the first day of the week in the Windows 10 calendar.